Prior to Your Procedure
- Specific individual instructions will be given to you by your physician before you come to the center.
- You should not eat or drink anything after midnight on the night prior to your procedure, unless you are instructed otherwise.
- All patients are asked to sign a consent form before their
procedure. Patients under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian
sign the consent.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home.
- Please arrange to have someone stay at the center during your procedure. You will not be able to drive after your procedure.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes that are easy to take off and put on.
- Please bring a list of your current medications, and your insurance or Medicare ID cards.
- You will be expected to make a payment/co-payment at the time of your procedure.
When You Arrive
- Please notify the receptionist of your arrival. Your insurance card/Medicare card will be copied and returned to you.
- In order to provide the best possible service, it will be necessary
for you, upon your arrival, to fill out a few forms about your health
- A nurse will talk with you and record your vital signs, allergies and other patient information.
- An I.V. will be started so that we may give you intravenous
medication. This medication will help you relax and feel more
- If you are having an upper endoscopy you will have to remove any
dentures, partial plates or oral body jewelry prior to procedure.
- Your family/driver will need to wait in our comfortable waiting room until you are discharged.
- If you use a CPAP, we encourage you to bring your unit with you.
After Your Procedure
- You will rest for a short time (approximately 30 minutes) in our Recovery Room until the effects of the medication wear off.
- You will be given verbal and written discharge instructions.